Tyre Warranty - Delivering the Best Tyres
Michelin promises to deliver the very best. And with over a century of designing tyres, we back that promise. Our tyres are made to meticulous quality standards. That’s why every new tyre designed and manufactured by Michelin is warranted by Michelin.
Workmanship and Materials
Michelin truck tyres bearing the Michelin name and complete serial and identification numbers, used in commercial service according to the instructions contained in this Truck Tyres Operator’s Manual and Limited Warranty, are covered by this limited warranty against defects in workmanship and materials.
Term of Warranty
This warranty is for the life of the original usable tread. At that time, all warranties, express or implied, expire.
- The life of the original usable tread is the original tread down to the level of the tread wear indicators - 1.6 mm (2.0 mm in China) of tread remaining.
- Replacement will be made in accordance with the terms and conditions described under "HOW REPLACEMENT CHARGES ARE CALCULATED."
Tyres which become unserviceable due to:
- Road hazard injury (e.g., a cut, snag, bruise, impact damage or puncture);
- Incorrect fitting of the tyre, tyre/wheel imbalance, or improper repair;
- Misapplication, improper maintenance, racing, under inflation, over inflation or other abuse resulting in casing damage or fatigue;
- Accident, fire, chemical corrosion, contamination, tyre alteration or vandalism;
- Flat spotting caused by improper storage;
- The addition of liquid, solid or gaseous materials other than air, nitrogen or carbon dioxide;
- Load or speed greater than the ISO load/speed value recommended;
- Uneven or rapid wear caused by mechanical irregularity in the vehicle such as axle misalignment, resulting in damage to the under-tread, carcass or steel belts;
- Ozone or weather checking.
A tyre which becomes unserviceable due to a condition covered by this workmanship and materials limited warranty will be replaced with a comparable new Michelin truck tyre, for a pro rata charge. The retailer will determine the charge by multiplying the percentage of the original usable tread worn by the current selling price at the adjustment location.
You pay the cost of fitting, balancing, and any other service charges and applicable taxes.
Full details on the Michelin Truck Tyre warranty is contained in the “Truck Tyre Operator’s Manual and Limited Warranty” booklet available at your dealer. Please refer to this document for the full terms and conditions of the tyre warranty.